Uber has launched UberEATS in India, with Mumbai the first city to go live with the service. An on-demand food delivery app, UberEATS helps bring food to consumers. Bhavik Rathod has been appointed to lead UberEATS in India and spearhead UberEATS expansion across the country.
UberEATS was started in 2014 as a small delivery pilot in Los Angeles and launched as a separate application in Toronto in December 2015. In the past 18 months the stand-alone app is now available in 26 countries and in 78 cities around the globe, including India.
● Smart Curation & Specialization – This feature allows users to view food photos and allows broad cuisine search, while the suggestion carousels bubble up restaurants. The application of machine learning enables creation of individualized taste preferences, and customised restaurants and dishes for each user based on their past orders and current contextual information.
● Scheduled Orders – For those in a rush, UberEATS brings the intersection of convenience and reliability, UberEATs offers consumers the capability to schedule an order ahead of time. Consumers can order anytime up to an hour before the desired delivery window, and as far as a week in advance. The app lets the users track their order through every step of the process, so that consumers can monitor their order and be assured of their order being reliably delivered to their location.
● Customize drop-off – Expanding delivery to more places in India, customize drop-off feature gives more choice and convenience to consumers. Now consumers can get food delivered with ease and convenience no matter where they are by choosing specific information about delivery location. Some of the places getting added to UberEATS delivery are hospitals, parks and office buildings.
For Restaurant Partners – UberEATS will help local restaurants reach new consumers and deliver their food fast.
● Restaurant Manager – The app makes it simpler for restaurant partners to control order flow, manage menus, and improve exposure. Restaurant Manager, a new analytics tool has been rolled out to empower restaurant partners to make data-driven decisions. The tool offers restaurants access to actionable data and insights about their service quality, consumer satisfaction, and sales to help make specific adjustments to improve their business.
At present their restaurant partners consist of :
For Delivery Partners – UberEATS offers delivery partners a flexible and reliable way to make money on a schedule that works for them. Delivery partners work when they want, and deliver food on a bike
● Guided Pick-ups – For delivery partners, parking and picking up from restaurants is a highly variable experience based on the location and configuration of the restaurant. UberEATS has built in step-by-step pick-up instruction functionality, wherein Uber delivery-partner app gathers granular pick-up information for even the most difficult-to-navigate restaurants, share that with delivery partners so they can quickly and easily locate the order as well as deliver it on time.
Getting started with UberEATS is easy.
1. Download the app
2. Pick delivery location – Input your address where you’d like your meal delivered
3. Find the perfect meal – Browse local restaurants or search by cuisine type, and sort according to price, dietary needs, and speed to find exactly what your taste buds are asking for
4. Place your order – Pick the items you want right now or schedule your order to the arrive whenever is most convenient for you
5. Pay through PayTM – Our launch partners, PayTM will make it easy for you to pay for your meals
6. Track the progress of the delivery – Get updates as your order is prepared and watch in realtime as the meals is delivered to your destination